Sunday, 21 October 2012

Practice, practice, practice!

We've finally gotten together as a group to play through my piece!

I figured going into our first practice that, where it was the first rehearsal and all, things would be a bit rocky... sure I knew my part the least out of the three of us and I wrote the piece!

My first experience writing for and playing with a piano trio could not have been more positive. My players were amazing to work with; adaptable, musical, punctual, sweet etc. ETC. ETC! The compliments I could give are never ending! They were a total delight and absolute treat!

One thing I found great was that as we were playing, there were times when I noticed things that I had written and wanted to change. Even though the violin and cello were playing it exactly as I had notated, I wanted to change it to something slightly different. Neither of the players were upset by this and were totally willing to do whatever I asked. I can't emphasize what a positive experience this was!

A huge thank you to Dominic and Rachel for taking the time to learn and play my piece. At this time of the year, I know how crazy-hectic everyone's courses and workloads are, and it means the world that you put in the time and effort to play my piece with me. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment