Monday, 5 November 2012

Edits

Ah... editing.

I sometimes wish there was a place like the Writing Centre on campus for someone to proof read my pieces like the would my papers! How awesome would that be!?

We tried peer editing in class to try and achieve this and I found it quite beneficial. I've done this in other classes and find it helpful and actually a good learning experience because you get to look at other peoples' music in such detail. I had some odd note spellings and rests that were needlessly complicated (I guess where I had made changes to the bar and Sibelius worked with what I had already inputted... if inputted is a word...) that were so clear to other people and so hidden to me! It was great! Like a musical scavenger hunt (haha).

I also found that having a hard copy of the score made it a lot easier to see my mistakes. I actually find the same thing when writing papers; once I print them off, I can clearly see errors that were seemingly non-existent on my computer screen.

Well... I had initially planned on posting some score excerpts on my blog entries, but here we are... at the end of project one and not a score has been seen! If you'd like to see one, you know where to find me!

1 comment:

  1. I like your idea about having a writing center for composers! I think if they did have one, it would encourage more people to actually compose haha.

    ReplyDelete